April is one of those funny months on the wheel of the year. Between Ostara and Beltane, it is a time in between times. There is so much going on in nature at this point in time. The land is showing us fertility, fertility fertility and growth, growth growth! Which reflects in the spiritual meaning of the full Moon.
The Pink Moon spiritual meaning is all about optimism for the future and the anticipation of goals and dreams coming to fruition. If like me you created a vision bord at the beginning of the year (for me that’s Imbolc) and planned and started to put your goals into action at Ostara, then you will be busy doing the work to manifest those goals. The message of this full moon is significant.
The Pink Moon reminds you to trust yourself as you attempt to change and grow. To give yourself permision to fail and the courage to try again. To adapt from the lessons of your failures, and adjust your initial plans to make your goals the sustainable changes you want in your life.
Now dissapointingly the Pink moon isn’t actually pink. (Sorry for the misleading picture). It is called the pink moon as this is the time of year that Moss phlox flowers with beautiful pink petals. April really is the coming of the flowers to the land. Getting ready for those beautiful May blossoms. For me the flowers remind me to prioritize balance and the nourishment of your spirit and Self to avoid burnout. And to recognise and honour my beauty. A theme which aligns very much with the coming Beltane energy.
Like I said, there is alot going on!
- Planting Moon
- Frog Moon
- Gray Goose Moon
- Egg Moon
- Full Sprouting Grass Moon
- Loon Moon
- Full Wind Moon
- Fish Moon
- Hare Moon
- The Paschal Moon
- New growth
***The pink moon in 2022 is april 16th***
Pink Moon activites
- Connect with nature- there is so much happening in nature right now. If you blink you miss it. Barefoot mindful walking is a great way to ground yourself within nature in April or meditation.
- Feel the wind – storms and winds play a bit part in spreading seeds at this time of year. Spend time connecting with the wind. Meditate or journal upon the winds of change within your own life.
- A card reading – to connect with the energy of change looking at the cards for guidance can be a great way to seek guidance. A simple past present reading can be insightful during this time.
- Self-love and self care – to keep the balance amidst the changes prioritising self-care and self love will help nuture you.
- Whimsy – nothing connects with the energy of light heartedness as whimsy for ideas check out this article!
- Intuition – allow your instincts to guide you for a day on full moon and see where this leads you. If you are struggeling to connect with your intuition try the excercise below.
- Check in with your progress- if you are working with manifesting your goals it can sometimes feel like you haven’t got very far. in a journal write down everything you have done to work towards your goals. Yes including your failures. Aknowledge and celebrate the effort you have made. That is something to be proud of.
Trusting your intuition
Our intuition is our internal compass. But sometimes it can be hard to know what is our intuition guiding us and when it is fear running the show. This excercise is one of the best tools I have found to learn to trust my intuition.
- Sit in a comfortably position in a place when you are not distracted.
- Close your eyes and put your hands on your tummy or your heart.
- Now pick something that you know is absolutely right for you in life. It could be a person, an item, a career choice, a memory or a place you have visited where you felt absolutely at peace and aligned with yourself.
- Notice how your body feels when you thing of this thing. This feel is a YES in your body. What tells you that in your body’s responses to that thing. Feel it fully, with all of your senses.
- Now open your eyes. In a journal record your observations of a yes feeling.
- Now repeat the exercise with something from your past that you know is completely wrong for you.
- Notice how your body feels when you thing of this thing. This feeling is a NO in your body. What tells you that in your body’s responses to that thing. Feel it fully, with all of your senses.
- Now open your eyes. In a journal record your observations of a no feeling.
- Through out the day start to notice when your body is saying yes or no.
As you continue to practise noticing this feeling you will begin to trust it more and more. When making decisions check in within your body and see if it is saying YES or NO.
I hope that the comming pink moon lightens your heart, brings you balance, an appreication of your progress and innovationinto your life.
I wish you a blessed pink moon…