The Grain moon, also called the Sturgeon moon; truly represents the last days of summer. The harvest is being brought home and the hazy heat (if not this year unbearable heat) of the summer sun we are begining the journey of slowing down preparing for the winter months to come. Our first harvest is beginning to reveal it’s self and we can now see, at least begin to see the results of our seeds planted in the spring, both physiologically and metaphorically. Yet the harvest is not yet complete, the growing season not yet over. However, it is here at the Grain moon where begin to get a sense of the crops to come.
The power of the Grain Moon brings with it the energy to help us push through the last part of the growing season. The final push. It is here where we can look at the dreams that formed in the winter, the goals we set in the spring and decide what we truly want to manifest for the coming winter. In that sense the Grain Moon is, in a spiritual sense, a pragmatic time of an energtic overhaul to guide us back on to the path we want for ourselves. Remember manifestation is a journey. This moon is a pause in that journey to help us get clarity and recharge us to continue.
- Sturgeon Moon
- Hot Moon
- Heyannir Moon
- Lightening Moon
- Dry Moon
- Harvest Moon
- Dispute Moon
***The grain moon in 2022 is august 11th***
grain moon activites
- Harvest list – when it comes to the harvesting months a great way to connect with energy of the season is to practice gratitude. This moon is the perfect time to create a harvest list so you can physically see everything you have harvested in your life this year and be thankfull for that.
- Manifestation – Time to check in with your dreams and goals and see what you want to acheive by the end of this year and what you will need to do in order to meet that goal.
- Write a loved one a letter – Why not show someone you love and are thankful for some love and send them a letter (yes snail mail) telling them how grateful you are for them.
- Seasonal meal – Make a meal with seasonal foods to celebrate the abundance of the seasons harvest. I find that shopping for local produce is a great way to connect with the land spirits where you live. Even in a city farmers markets or community gardens bring that connection.
- Charge your crystals – This year the Grain Moon is a Supermoon! So put your crystals in some water under the moonlight.
- Moon bathing – The GrainMoon is a Supermoon. Supermoons are so called because they occur when the Moon is nearest to the Earth, which makes them larger and brighter when viewed from Earth. So get out where you can see the moon and soak up the energy
grain moon Bathing
Moon bathing, basically immersing yourself in water on the night of the full moon; is a great way to connect with moon’s energy. Give yourself a power moon bathing ritual by making this moon oil. Set an intention for your bath and light some candles and add a few drops to a ritual bath.
(This can also be used in an oil burner).
To induce psychic dreams, speed healing, to facilitate sleep
- 1 drop of Jasmine
- 1 drop of Sandalwood
You can also add crystals to your moon bath such as
- Moonstone to connect with the moon
- Clear quartz for power and energy
- Flourite for abundance and protection.
(Please remember that some oils are dangerous for animals and you should not use essentials with babies or whilst pregnant. Essential oils should not be applied directly to your skin.)
The essential oils will make you sleepy so take care of yourself after your bath.
Have lovely full moon <3