One of the most quintessential symbols of summer has to be the strawberry. So it makes perfect sense that the June full moon is known as the Strawberry Moon. In June we have well and truly left the spring behind and we are bursting into summer. Litha, the summer solstice is soon, the sun’s power growing and this means we ourselves are stepping into our most powerful time of the year!
Strawberries are considered a food of love, representative of the Norse goddess of love (and war, and randomly cats) Freya, so naturally they symbolize love and luck. June’s Strawberry Moon spiritual meaning embodies the fullness of life. Everything is building into a peak state! Your intution is becoming more powerful. which means it is the perfect time to make those difficult decisions you have been putting off, delve deep into your empowerment and embrace life!
Now like the Pink Moon the strawberry moon won’t neccisarily be pink. It may appear to be a litte more reddish or rose colour, mainly because it will rise above the horizon and will get the colour of the rising sun, And that of course depends completely on where you are in the world.
- Lover’s Moon
- Summer Moon
- Moon of Birthing
- Honey Moon
- Mead Moon
- Rose Moon
***The strawberry moon in 2022 is june 15th***
strawberry MOON ACTIVITES
- Go strawberry picking- fresh from the plant, full of the suns energy is the best way to indulge in strawberries. Collect some of that sun energy and enjoy them under the moonlight (maybe with some bubbles!)
- Get out into nature! Nothing beats sitting under the stars in the wilderness by a fire (of course in a permitted location with safety in mind. You need water on hand for summer fires.)
- Incorperate strawberrys into your food and baking- Food preparation may be the oldest form of spellworkand a great way to connect with the seasons too.
- Strawberry manifestation magick – light a candle under the moon and concentrate of 3 things you would like to welcome into your life. Pick up 3 strawberries and hold them in your hands. Revisit what you want more of and think about ways that thing is already present in your life. Allow these good memories and feelings to wash through you. Feel that energy flow into the strawberries, filling them until they pulse with energy. One by one, eat the strawberries, remaining focused on the beautiful, abundant feelings. While the feelings are still strong, journal about your experiences and emotions connected to the things you want to manifest. Fold up the paper and put it somewhere you will see it every day.
- Go Within – Take time to tap into your intuitive guidance through meditation.
strawberry MOON crystal charging
As this moon boosts our intuition this is the perfect time to revitalise and charge any crystals you may have. Charging may sound complicated, but it’s one of the simplest ways to work a little kitchen magic and takes nothing than moonlight and thought.
The simplest way to use the full moon to charge is very simply to leave the stone out in a space where the light of the full moon will hit it. (With multiple stones, make sure they are separate, not in a pile!)
If you want to charge your crystals more then you can bring intention to your ritual.
Hold it in your hand, center yourself with your breath, and focus on the stone and the intention you wish to set. Simply breathe and visualize. Some prefer to do this with a visualization of light or breath actively moving into the stone itself, but any mental image that feels comfortable is as good. Some may choose to allow the crystal to bathe in the moonlight for a few hours, and then sit and meditate on the charging of it that same night, while others choose to charge the next day.
I hope that the comming moon boosts your intuition and energises your life.
I wish you a blessed strawberry moon…